Advertisement
Disqualified Hong Kong lawmakers move out of their offices but vow to return
The government can bar us but it can’t bar voters in the by-elections, says a defiant ‘Long Hair’ Leung Kwok-hung
Reading Time:2 minutes
Why you can trust SCMP
0
Listen
The four lawmakers disqualified two weeks ago for their oath-taking antics bid farewell to the Legislative Council on Friday but vowed they would be back.
Flanked by other pan-democrats and supporters, the four marched out of the building where they had worked for the past nine months, holding a banner that read “We will keep fighting”.
Leung – who was unseated by the High Court along with Lau Siu-lai, Nathan Law Kwun-chung and Edward Yiu Chung-yim on July 14 for failing to take their oaths solemnly in October – had been told by the Legco Secretariat to move out by Friday.
Sixtus Baggio Leung Chung-hang and Yau Wai-ching were disqualified in November for insulting Beijing while taking their oaths.
Advertisement